All Unlocking the World teacher professional development programs are based on a 'train-the-trainer' model. Programs are delivered in host schools around the world to small groups of 10 to 20 teachers. Once trained you are licensed as a Tutor to deliver the program's associated Teacher Development Course to other teachers on a non-commercial basis.
Education systems and schools around the world have consistently found this model to be extremely cost effective in delivering quality, locally contextualised professional development to large numbers of teachers.
Current programs are:
- Teaching ESL students in mainstream classrooms: Language in learning across the curriculum
- Literacy for learning: Australian edition
- Literacy for learning: International edition
- How language works: Success in literacy and learning
- ESL in the mainstream for the early learner
- Gifted education and higher order thinking
There are now more than 3100 Unlocking the World licensed Tutors working in over 77 countries around the world. Using our programs, these Tutors have provided professional development to over 45,000 teachers.