Literacy for learning: International edition
Literacy for learning: International edition is a professional development program for teachers in all subject areas that addresses the fundamental relationship between literacy and successful learning. The program:
- develops teachers' understanding of literacy as a capacity for making meaning in schooling contexts
- develops teachers' understanding of the need for explicit teaching practices that will build up students' repertoires of language and visual resources so that they can be successful learners across all learning areas
- provides a positive context for teachers to reflect critically and openly on their teaching
develops shared understandings about literacy in order to improve the effectiveness of whole-school collaboration in ensuring the literacy development of all students.
- This program is an intensive three-day train-the-trainer professional development program for teachers.
- Tutor Training is delivered in host schools around the world to small groups of up to 20 teachers.
- Successful graduates become resident school-based Tutors who deliver the Teacher Development Course. This provides your school with cost effective, school-managed professional development.
- The cost of the Tutor Training is AUD$3380.
As a Literacy for learning trained Tutor, you can deliver the Teacher Development Course in your own school.
The course incorporates group workshops, classroom-based activities and highly practical readings. It provides all teachers with successful, curriculum-wide classroom strategies for improving the learning achievements of all their students.
Trained Tutors deliver 18 hours of face-to-face learning in six modules which, when combined with between module readings and activities, is equivalent to more than 36 hours of professional development for teachers.
As a trained Tutor you can deliver the following modules in your school.
Module 1: Language and literacy in teaching and learning
Module 2: Talking our way into literacy
Module 3: Reading and viewing: Making sense of texts
Module 4: Writing texts that work
Module 5: Language for increasing abstraction and technicality
Module 6: Programming and assessing: Setting up successful frameworks
You can find out more about the Literacy for learning: International edition Tutor Training Program by contacting our Consultants:
Tutor Training Consultants
For general enquiries please contact DECD Publishing